Monday, July 18, 2011

Chinese Bath

The other day I took a chinese bath.

In a chinese bath you:

  1. Take a bucket of water, soap, and a washcloth/sponge/etc... to clean yourself.
  2. Wash your body.
  3. Rinse.
  4. Sit in a tub of hot fresh water with a washcloth.
I havn't figured out what you do with the washcloth, but I just soaked it and put it over my face to steam, and then scrubbed it a bit after I figured the pores were opened. Anyone with another idea??
maybe to wipe sweat if the water's a bit too hot? Anyways...

It is so relaxing!
It takes longer than a shower, so you are forced to sit a while and relax.
That's probably why I like the bucket mode of bathing! It's not the first time I've bucket bathed. It's the first time I've taken a soak after- hence the name chinese bath.

Try it and tell me your story. Did you:
  1. Like it?
  2. Not like it?
  3. Get soap in your eyes?
  4. Gave up and took a shower?
I'm curious to know if I'm the only wierdo in the USA who's not of Chinese or Asian decent who took a chinese bath here in the USA.

AND LIKED IT!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what the washcloth would be for either! But,no bath. It's all sauna for me!

    ReplyDelete